Thursday, November 17, 2011

The Balmain Fairy

One day in a land far, far away, we were able to catch a glimpse of an exuberant fairy running down the path.  Luckily, a camera was a hand that day and later I was able to capture that elusive fairy in an oil portrait.

Composition is always tricky for me and deciding where to place the fairy on the canvas took a lot of deliberation.  Ultimately, I wanted to express the vibrancy of color, the joyous expression on her face and the immediacy of the fairy running towards the viewer.  Some viewers have commented that they feel like the fairy is about to leap off the canvas....and that is exactly the impression I wanted to make.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for following my blog...
    I must say that your paintings take my breath away!!! Really, really beautiful!!
    Merry Christmas Miss Merryman!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why thank you! I am loving your blog!

    ReplyDelete